Reading & Writing Vietnamese: A Workbook for Self-Study
Languages: Vietnamese, English
Author: Tri C. Tran
Reading & Writing Vietnamese offers an easy way to learn how to speak, read and write in Vietnamese. Often a difficult language to learn, this book is specially designed for beginners with no previous experience in studying or speaking the language guides learners through all the sounds of Vietnamese, including consonants, vowels and tones, the Vietnamese alphabet and more.
This easy-to-use workbook includes lessons comes with free native-speaker audio recordings that allow you to practice hearing and speaking the sounds and basic vocabulary and phrases, as well as flash cards to download and print from home.
Author Tri C. Tran has over 20 years of experience as a Vietnamese language teacher and has designed a series of lessons that are perfect for beginners.
The book includes:- A basic introduction to all the sounds of the language and how to read and write them
- The system of Vietnamese tones - how to distinguish them and pronounce them correctly
- Free audio recordings by native speakers help you accurately pronounce Vietnamese
- Free downloadable flashcards to help you learn the Vietnamese alphabet and basic vocabulary
- Extensive exercises (including dialogues, listening drills, building sentences, fill-in-the blanks, readings, and multiple-choice) to reinforce each lesson
- Interesting cultural information on Vietnamese customs, pastimes, foods and everyday life
- An index of grammatical terms and a Vietnamese-English glossary
Dimensions: 7.5 x 10"
Publication date: 2022